If you’re new to Gainesville, it can be daunting to find your new favorite spots to kick back and relax. Lucky for you, we’re here to help! Take it from the experts, check out our favorites below to enhance your swamp experience!
OUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN GAINESVILLE!
- Butterfly Rainforest – great way to get steps in and enjoy a unique experience
- Florida Museum of Natural History – a little brainpower located on UF’s campus
- Payne’s Prairie – wildideal for the outdoor enthusiast
- Zombie Scavenger’s Game – a fun scavenger hunt for survival
- Cade Museum – a center for invention and creativity with labs and inventors
- The Hippodrome Theatre – fun shows and activities year-round
- Regal in Celebration Pointe – reclining seats?! we’re in.
- The Oaks Mall – for a little retail therapy
- Devil’s Millhopper Geological State Park – get to know florida’s geological past
- Depot Park – outdoor activities for all!
- Kanapaha Botanical Gardens – great place to walk and explore exotic exhibits
- Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo – see the coolest animals & learn a bunch!
- Carson Springs Wildlife Conservation – a must see
- The Adventure Outpost – kayaking and paddle boarding on the Santa Fe river
- Poe Springs Park – g-ville’s largest spring with tubing, kayaking, hiking, & more
- University of Florida – walking trails, tours, football games, and activities year-round
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park – for the clearest water & kayaking galore
- Harn Museum of Art – a powerful punch of art & photography
- The 352 Walls – Gainesville has mural walls all over town – can you find them all?
- Florida Fun Bikes – a pub on wheels where you can get a tour of the 352 walls
- La Chua Trail – easy hikes to see Florida’s greatest nature in Payne’s Prairie
- Westside Park – take a dive off of one of their diving boards
- 34th Street Wall – get creative and add your own paint to the wall
- Town of Tioga – enjoy a movie on the lawn on Saturdays
- Micanopy – go hunting for antiques
- Dudley Farms – visit and experience the evolution of FL farming
- Kika Silva Pla Planetarium – go stargazing with your friends
- West End Golf Course – for a hole-in-one golfing experience
- Cymplify – FOOD TRUCK FRIDAYS!
- Ginnie Springs – go tubing, kayaking, adventuring & camping
- Farmer’s Market Galore – we’d list the available ones – but there are too many!
- Roger’s Farm – go pick your own strawberries
Gainesville offers a transit system that is free for college students. We have a bus-stop located right outside of our community for easy transportation!
Tell ‘em West 20 sent you!